Harvard Business Review:
How Your Data Strategy is Your Growth Strategy
Getting Started with CRM Refresh
Follow these steps and you’ll get your CRM Refresh account up and running in no time. If yould like a full tour of CRM Refresh and all its feeatures – schedule a one on one demo, attend one of our weekly classes or take a video tour.
- By the end of step 3: You’ll be up and running with daily verifications of your crm
- By the end of step 6: You’ll be smiling as all your crm data decay is found and fixed
The 6 Steps to set up success
- Customize what data you want CRM Refresh to verify
- Pick the frequency
Step 1: How to connect your CRM to CRM Refresh
Step 2: Customize CRM Refresh
CRM Refresh is a designed to be simple to use. Customize how you want CRM Refresh
to verify your data.
- How often to verify your data
- Action to take after verification
- Type of records to process (leads, contacts or both)
- Default record name to use if blank
How often to Verify Old Data
- Pros – you can verify your contacts and leads faster to know when contacts leave jobs or companies. Improves your sender score from less bounces.
- Cons (monthly) – if your data suffers from churn of positions or companies then you can have more
- Pros – you get a once a month verifications of your contacts to keep your marketing lists fresh.
- Cons – you could be 20+ days behind key executive changes.
Recommend frequency based on role/responsibilities.
- Marketing – weekly of monthly – run weekly or monthly depending on the cadence of your marketing campaigns.
- Sales – Daily or weekly – enables you to quickly be alerted to contacts that you are currently working with or key accounts that might have a change.
- Customer Success – weekly or monthly to overwatch your key accounts and react quickly to key executive changes to maintain your accounts.
Action to Take After Verification
- Show me results
- Update Automatically Grade B or above
- Update Automatically Grade A
Type of Records to Manage
Leads only – marketing if that is what your marketing automation and other systems are using to send campaigns to.
Contacts only – sales, especially for account based marketing – enables you to keep up with accounts. Customer success – enables you to connect with new point of contact and key accounts.
Both – this is a good option if you are an admin and need to prune both leads and contacts.
Default Record Name to Use if Blank
This is in case you have a record with no name. Enables you to find.
D.A.V.E. – Data Accuracy and Validation Engine
CRM Refresh’s Artificial Intelligence (AI) data verification combines over 1,300 email service providers and telecom sources and sorting through millions of data points.
The CRM Refresh D.A.V.E. provides contact intelligence from a variety of sources: social presence, company websites, crowdsourcing, and many more. We source all of our own data.
Each contact’s record is verified in real-time:
- Historical performance
- Historical complaints
- Historical opt-outs
- Deceased individuals
- Historical Clicks
- Historical Opens
Each verification is assigned a score from 1-4 1 being worst, 4 being the best.
Contact Data Scoring
Our D.A.V.E. system scores your contact data points on a score based on the accuracy of the data.
A – Exact Match – all data points (name, title, company, email, phone) match exactly.
B – Phrase Match – most data points match (name, company, email, phone) but one or more data point is not exact (title for example)
D – Can not verify this data – the data may or may not be right, but our systems cannot find or confirm the accuracy.
F – Invalid – One or More Major data point (name, title, company, email, phone) is invalid
Step 3. Using Scoring for CRM Data Hygiene
Step 2. Your Total CRM Data Hygiene Dashboard
Getting familiar with your CRM Refresh Dashboard
- Total Leads
- Total Contacts
- Average Score
- Email and Phone Scores
- CRM Score Over Time
- CRM Updates Over Time